Genesee Manufacturing and The Tool Crib offer the first uniformly adjustable, positive rake, hollow mills that allow our customers to hollow mill from the end of the part with multiple indexable inserts. Some of the features of these tools include:
- Uses standard ISO inserts in precision, match ground, uniformly adjustable insert holders for hollow milling both ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Tools have ¼” range of adjustability for 1/8″ to 2″ diameters.
- A unique combination of toolholder geometry and insert geometry produces constant axial and radial rake and constant clearance angles through the entire range of diameter adjustment.
- All tools have at least three, and, in larger sizes, as many as five inserts hollow milling for maximum productivity.
- Tools are standard with straight shanks for use with toolholders in CNC machining centers, lathes and screw machines or in conventional turning, milling or automatic screw machines.
- All tool bodies are precision hardened and ground for years of dependable use.
- Special tools, shanks, toolholders quoted on application.
Genesee’s large selection of precision ground GEN-DEX® inserts, either with or without positive raised island chipbreakers, provide the distinct advantage of the tolerance on I.C. and thickness. This feature, normally available only by special order, contributes to optimum, balanced cutting of the hollow mill. Customers who choose to use our inserts will find they are able to hold +/-.001 or better on moderate to finishing cuts, with no additional adjustment of the hollow mill required after indexing.
Producing a tapered point is another application for hollow milling in small parts production.
Genesee is a prime example that not every solution we offer comes from a huge company. We are proud to represent many smaller manufacturers that have innovative products that are often a perfect solution for our customers.
If you would like to test one of these tools or see how any of Genesee’s products might work in your shop, please feel free to contact us or ask you local Tool Crib Representative. You can also see all of the latest Genesee catalogs in our CATALOG LIBRARY.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.